The state Capitol. (Ned Oliver/ Virginia Mercury)
• A porn industry group says it’s still reviewing its options for responding to a new Virginia law requiring adult websites to verify that visitors are 18 or older. The organization, Free Speech Coalition, is already suing Utah over a similar law.—WRIC
• Virginia is becoming an outlier in the South as a state that hasn’t passed new abortion restrictions since the fall of Roe v. Wade.—Associated Press
• A Republican candidate for the House of Delegates claims his GOP primary opponent is falsely implying he’s been endorsed by Gov. Glenn Youngkin by incorporating Youngkin’s signature red vest into his campaign persona.—Prince William Times
• Fairfax County Public Schools says it’s initiating an investigation into a racist email sent to a high school cheerleading coach.—WTOP
• “The Potomac could soon be safe for swimming, but it remains vulnerable to pollution.”—Washington Post
GET THE MORNING HEADLINES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
Our stories may be republished online or in print under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site. Please see our republishing guidelines for use of photos and graphics.