The state Capitol. (Ned Oliver/ Virginia Mercury)
• Fresh off a hard-fought election win, Virginia Rep. Abigail Spanberger wants to fill a new “battleground” leadership position for the U.S. House Democrats. “We have a front-row seat to the concerns of swing voters and voters from various backgrounds and political viewpoints.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch
• The Loudoun County School Board approved a policy requiring parental notification for sexually explicit reading assignments.—Washington Post
• Warrenton’s interim town manager says the town Planning Commission violated state law when it chose to indefinitely delay a vote on a plan for an Amazon data center instead of voting it up or down.—Prince William Times
• Officials say they have no leads in the theft of a lynching memorial that was recently put up in Wise County.—Bristol Now
• “The race is on to save a popular gamebird in Virginia.”—WFXR
GET THE MORNING HEADLINES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
Our stories may be republished online or in print under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site. Please see our republishing guidelines for use of photos and graphics.