The state Capitol. (Ned Oliver/ Virginia Mercury)
• “He refuses to take photos of a gay wedding. Virginia says he’s allowed.”—Washington Post
• In a race that had been too close to call Tuesday night, Republican Danny Diggs defeated incumbent Sen. Monty Mason, D-Williamsburg.—Virginian-Pilot
• The pro-Trump wing of the Republican Party wasn’t all that upset with Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s disappointing election results and seemingly diminished presidential prospects.—Washington Post
• Virginia’s Danica Roem overcame attacks on her identity to become the first transgender state senator elected in the South.—New York Times
• The last Virginia locality to report its election results was Buckingham County, where the local elections office has undergone major political turmoil this year. The county’s results didn’t show up online until 10 a.m Wednesday morning.—NBC News
GET THE MORNING HEADLINES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
Our stories may be republished online or in print under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site. Please see our republishing guidelines for use of photos and graphics.